Do you enjoy the rewards of helping seniors in their home? At Spring Hills Home Care Services, our loyal and dedicated caregivers provide high quality, compassionate assistance, help with activities of daily living, encourage independence and dignity and improve quality of life.
We are currently seeking a caregiver in the Dayton area.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing assistance as needed with bathing, grooming, dressing, transferring, eating, toileting, escorting, and other activities of daily living.
• Following client's service plans in providing care.
• Providing emotional and social support to clients.
• Informing your supervisor of any client's issues or concerns.
• Knowing, understanding, and adhering to client's right.
• Being familiar with emergency equipment and procedures.
• Abiding by all health and safety regulations and agency standards.
You will be expected to:
• Attend all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
• Strive to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward clients, visitors, families, and co-workers.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures of Spring Hills Home Care Services.
The following are some skills you should have to be an effective caregiver:
• Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Active listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Service orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Social perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
• Reading comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
You should also have:
• Strong oral comprehension: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Strong oral expression: The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Speech clarity: The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
• Speech recognition: The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
• Be 18 years of age
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Have 1-3 months related experience and/or a caring heart and willingness to learn
• A valid driver’s license
• A good driving record
We are hiring for all shifts with an emphasis on 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Nursing students, CNAs, and STNAs are encouraged to apply.
Click “Apply now” to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
At Spring Hills Senior Communities, our dedication to providing distinctive, innovative senior housing began in 1999, with the transformation of a Skilled Nursing facility in Morristown, New Jersey into an Assisted Living Community that better met the needs of the local community. Today, by providing expansive services, imaginative programs and spacious, and tasteful, Assisted Living Facilities, Spring Hills Senior Communities leads the way in meeting the changing needs of senior adults. We have a personal, unique, and individualized approach to Caring with a commitment to quality. We call this approach “Signature Touches.”
We are proud to be an EEOC.